It’s 1:30 am and I’m sitting in my messy room. My cat is sleeping on my bed, which is covered with clothes. I’m already in my PJs. I’m listening to my favorite song and I’m overwhelmed with happiness that I’m alive. So I just sit in my room and smile, because I breathe. Sometimes happiness is so…
I’m crying. This is beautiful. x
US students will be able to shield themselves during school shootings with the latest in body armour, the Bodyguard Blankethttp://goo.gl/WwvECT
Are fucking kidding me? I have been sitting at home and constantly watching the news after the events of yesterday. For those of you who are wondering, I am a junior at REYNOLDS HIGH SCHOOL! I was there when the shooter kept running in the halls trying to open the doors and get in. I was there in the dark praying and crying while my librarian kept saying ” they’ll have to kill me before they touch my kids” I have known her for three years, her determination to keep us safe broke her heart. Seeing this, that little children need protection in school. Are we sending kids to a battlefield? I have three little brothers ranging from 5-10, and still people have the nerve to speak about the second amendment? Really? I can’t even type anymore. I’m so disgusted and frustrated. When will you realize that it’s important to have gun control? When a shooter is pointing a gun at your child? Is that when you’ll realize that guns aren’t something to be kept around. People say it’s a free country but honesty, this country is more oppressed and diseased than any other country.
Show me ONE instance where gun control and gun free zones prevented school shootings.
Let me tell you guys a story.
In 1996, in a little town in Australia called Port Arthur, a gunman killed 35 and injured 23. This place was a tourist attraction, with plenty of visitors and locals going about their business.
35 people died.That’s 35 marriages, anniversaries, birthdays or uni degrees. 35 people left Port Arthur in body bags.
At the time, we had a pretty conservative government, and the Prime Minister at the time (in hindsight) was kind of a dick. But within two weeks of the shooting, Howard instituted a massive reform and buyback of all firearms.
But it must be a statistical flaw, you say, there weren’t that many massacres before 1996, right? No, WRONG.
In the eighteen years leading up to Port Arthur, there had been 13 mass shootings.
But April, you ask, this couldn’t possibly have worked could it? Wouldn’t it only have reduced the mass shootings? WRONG.
Since 1996, there have been ZERO mass shootings. That’s right, ZERO. FUCKING ZILCH. There have been scattered homicides, however:
How many schools have been raided and children murdered? NONE.
How many film buffs have been murdered in their seats? NONE.
How many innocent lives have been lost to the barrel of a gun? NONE.
On top of this, homicides involving the use of guns, and youth suicide involving the use of guns has declined dramatically, by up to 60%
Australia, however much the environment tries to kill you, is a safe haven, and you can walk the streets with 99% assurance that you won’t fall victim to a drive by shooting.
Your move, America.
"COMPLIMENTS THAT AREN’T ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE- 3:29 p.m. feel free to add to this! (via expresswithsilence)
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people."
"1. Everyone is just as scared as you are.- to the eighteen-year-old who didn’t know better, aps (via recover-to-ride)
2. Just because you can reinvent yourself doesn’t mean you have to.
3. Don’t let one person take over your life.
4. You do not have to say yes.
5. Spend time with your roommates.
There are enough hours in the day.
6. Call your mother.
She loves you and she worries.
7. It will seem wonderful
and it will be wonderful,
8. You do not have to say yes.
9. When the only things you buy at the grocery store are razor blades and band-aids,
10. When the only things you eat in a day are an apple and a cup of coffee,
11. When the only thing you really want is to disappear,
when you can barely be in public without crying because people are looking at you,
when you are terrified of everyone,
12. You do not have to say yes.
13. When you start talking about marriage,
14. You are trying to escape from the wrong situation.
15. You are trying to escape to the wrong situation.
16. You do not have to say yes.
17. Don’t expect anyone else to save you.
18. Don’t rely on someone equally fucked-up to save you.
19. You do not have to say yes.
20. An A- is not a bad grade.
A B+ is not a bad grade.
Ignore your sociopathic advisor.
21. There is nothing adult about purposely wandering dangerous neighborhoods at night.
A complete disregard for personal safety is not a sign of maturity.
22. You don’t want to hear this, but:
you are a baby.
23. You do not have to say yes.
24. If someone completes you,
if you build the rest of your self out of one person,
you are not whole.
there is less of you than before.
25. You do not have to say yes.
26. Your body is not wrong.
27. You do not have to say yes.
28. You are here for a reason.
29. You are here for a reason.
30. You do not have to say yes."
"Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence."- (via tumblrariana)
I hope you all got a place to go when things get tough.. A safe place to make you feel okay and warm and brings back some hope.
Mine is a bridge. And what I really like about it is that there are always cars leaving but also coming. Even if I sometimes see more red lights I know there’ll come something. The highway won’t ever be empty and neither will me life. Things will always be okay.
emotional abuse is when someone does something to hurt you, and when you express your feelings, that you’re upset, they turn it around to be something you did to hurt them and they force you to apologize for it, and your feelings, like always, are rendered invalid and silenced, forever damaging the ability to trust others with your feelings because they always are used against you.
this is important because so many people don’t know this
The Cloud by Richard Clarkson is an interactive lamp and speaker system, designed to mimic a thundercloud in both appearance and entertainment. Using motion sensors the cloud detects a user’s presence and creates a unique lightning and thunder show dictated by their movement. The system features a powerful speaker system from which the user can stream music via any Bluetooth compatible device. Using color-changing lights the cloud is able to adapt to the desired lighting color and brightness. The cloud also has alternative modes such as a nightlight and music reactive mode.